Sunday, January 6, 2008

TOO HOT

Well, we never did get much sun in Uruguay... but Im sure getting my fair share now. Its been over 35 the past week. Im luckey if it gets down to 20... then you can get some sleep.

Buenoes Aires is a magical city! I walked out of a restaurant one night to find over a hundred people dancing to the mesmarizing rythem of 60 drummers. The city is just alive with music! Tango dancers dance to random string bands on the side of the road and in parks. Brings a smile to my face.

I am currently in the University city of Cordoba. I have been spending my time with some other travelers on little day trips hiking and such. Today however, I am content to be sitting in the airconditioned TV room at the hostel doing nothing at all. It feels good.

In a few days I am headed south to cooler Bariloche to meet up with some people I have met along my travles to do some climbing. I have a bit of "work" to do though, finding some camping gear, as there is not much close to the clifs, and everyone just camps in the forest.

If all goes well I will stay there for about a month, and the start on a grewling journy back north to lima to fly home in March. (Moms happy about that one)

hows everyone enjoying the cold up north... I have to say Im a little jealous!

love!!!

(sorry, the spell check is not working... and my english seems to get worse as my spanish gets better... too much spanglish!!!)

No comments: