Monday, January 21, 2008

Loving Life!!

Valle Encantado is... well just might be one of the best places on earth!

I wake up in the morning, take a few steps to the river to spash my face with some fresh mountain water. The climbing is a 5min walk from my tent. The only way to get to the camping and the climbing is by floating across the river in little inflatable boats (which is really funny to watch... there is usually one big boat full with people, draging a few little boats full of gear).

I have been hanging out with a really cool girl from New York. We are both here solita (by our little selves) and have since bonded and climb together all the time. There are about 35 people camped by the river. Our little international village consists of brazilians, frenchies, Agrentinans, Liz and Me.

Argentinas party hard, so we usually get up just before noon (and still have about 11hrs of sun) eat breakfast, climb untill 2, chill for a bit, then climb untill 8. Liz and I eat right away, but the Argentinians start thinking about eating and cooking close to midnight. Then the wine comes out, and its not uncommon for more cooking to start at 3 in the morning. Its gunna be hard to get out of this routine!

I have managed to muck up my neck nicely. I wont spill all the details, but it involved Lix and I in a hammok, a few bottle of wine, someone stealing my sandles and getting tackled by a huge dude from brasil. Might need a few rest days for this on.

The climbing here is a bit sharp, but amazing. There are about 100 routes, all sport, and a few multi pitch routes. The views are also amazing. Basically you should all be here right now!!

No comments: