Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We have arrived...

Hey friends! We're here in Quito Ecuador. It's a blue sky day, no clouds in sight, and alot cooler than good ol' Calgary which is nice for a change. We stayed the night at a hostel called Hostal Jhomana. It's great, a little pricy for South America as I've gathered, but for our first night we figured we could splurge. Pretty soon Mike, Stacey, and I are headed out to explore Quito, and then we're catching a bus to Mindo, a little town recommended to us by a friend. I'm excited for that. The mountains on the edge of Quito was the first thing I saw this morning and it was awesome. Breakfast was small and simple. Hmm...yup that's about it. We woke up about an hour ago, so that's my experience of Quito so far. Hope everyone's having a blast doing what you're doing. Miss you all!

Much love,

Vikki (and Stacey, we're pretty much the same person)

No comments: